Cairo Opera House marks the spot: 'The Pirate' comes to Egypt
'Le Corsaire' will be performed at the Main Hall of the Cairo Opera House for eight consecutive days in October.
Le Corsaire or The Pirate is a ballet in three acts based on a poem by Lord Byron. The original version of the ballet was choreograhed by Balletmaster Joseph Mazilier to the music of Adolphe Adam. The ballet was premiered in January 1856 by the ballet of the Academie Royal de Musique in Paris.
The ballet will be staged at the Cairo Opera House from Wednesday 17 October, including matinee and soiree performances. Directed by Abdel Moneim Kamel, the ballet is performed by the Cairo Opera Ballet Company, accompanied by the Cairo Opera Orchestra conducted by Nayer Nagui.
Soiree: 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23 October at 8pm
Matinee: 21 and 23 October at 11am
Cairo Opera House, Main Hall - Main Hall
- Take your pick! Here's what's going down in Egypt this week (February 16-23)
- Yalla! Lots of things to do in Egypt this week: February 23- March 2
- Take your pick! Another week, another slew of fun things to in Egypt!
- Egyptian Ballet ‘Al Qursan’ to Participate in Shanghai Int’l Art Fest
- Algerian European Ballet to be Performed at Cairo Opera House