Lebanon Recognizes Her Diva, Najwa Karam
Known for her strong, powerful voice that has captured so many hearts throughout the Arab World in the last 15 years, Najwa Karam this week accepted a special award for her contribution to Lebanon’s musical heritage, according to thisiscyberia.com.
The 35-year-old star from Zahle was dressed in a pink evening gown and performed three songs from her latest album Nadmaneh: Ana Meen, Maksar Assa and Al Jar Qabl Al Dar.
In the presence of composer Elias Rahbani and ex-Miss Lebanon Joelle Behlok, among other celebrities, she received the award from acclaimed Lebanese singer Wadih Safi and Information Minister Ghazi Al Aridi.
“I feel a bit embarrassed to take this award in the presence of Wadih Safi,” Karam said.
Karam has so far released eleven albums, starting with Ya Habayeb (O Loved Ones) in 1989. Nadmaneh is her latest studio effort and was released last month. In the early 1980s, Karam joined the Arabic Music Institute for four years, where she first studied with Zaki Nassif, then with Fuad Awwad.
The evening ended with the first projection of the new video for her song Al Ashiqa, introducing Karam’s fresh new look and possibly countering rumors that her latest album Nadmaneh (Remorseful) refers to her being unhappily married to Youssef Harb – Albawaba.com
- Najwa Karam lovely in lilac before going on stage for her concert in the US. (Instagram)
- Lebanese diva Najwa Karam takes her tour to Europe
- Najwa Karam & Ahlam take a ride on Lebanese Minister Leila al Solh's swing in her Beirut home on Monday. (Image: Facebook)
- The beautiful Najwa Karam sets the stage on fire with her amazing performance in Melbourne, Australia. (Image: Instagram)
- Najwa Karam looking wonderful in white at the Regency Hotel Kuwait for her Easter concert. (Image: Instagram)