Let's hope Rihanna's Abu Dhabi concert isn't part of a 2 man scam!
Two men have been charged with multiple felonies after allegedly organising fake Lady Gaga and Rihanna concerts. According to prosecutors, they absconded with more than USD 2 million from promoters, reported sources.
Sylvester Vincent Carroll (aka Vincent Carroll) and Meceo McEaddy (aka Ray Annis) have been charged with grand theft and scheming to defraud in the first degree, both felonies. Carroll also faces additional charges of criminal tax fraud.
The men are accused of pretending to represent R&B star Rihanna, pop star Lady Gaga, and even Kesha in order to cheat concert promoters. The schemes began in 2010 and went as far as Brazil, Taiwan, and Mexico, with Carroll and McEaddy blowing the cash on cars, hotels, jewellery, and restaurants. The two men are still in custody.
- The show must Gaga on: America's most eclectic artist is still coming to Tel Aviv
- Lady Gaga will be getting "Applause" from peeps in Dubai after all: September gig confirmed!
- Buyer beware! Make sure tonight's Rihanna tickets in Abu Dhabi are legit!
- Get ready to see some bling, Rihanna is bringing her 'Diamonds' to Abu Dhabi
- Ri Ri goes native! Rihanna shocks fans by wearing hijab for Abu Dhabi mosque photoshoot