Abu Dhabi's even hotter with Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie joining "Star Wars: Episode VII" cast
The upcoming J.J. Abrams film, "Star Wars: Episode VII", has increased its female cast with Lupita Nyong'o and 'Game of Thrones' star Gwendoline Christie.
Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy admitted on StarWars.com that she was extremely excited about the 31-year old Oscar winner and Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth on the HBO TV series, joining the cast of the epic space opera film, CNET reported.
Though the characters of the two stars are yet to be revealed, their inclusion in the film is sure to bring relief to fans who wished for more female characters in the male dominating star cast.
The film is anticipated to release worldwide in December, 2015.
- Tom Cruise won’t be coming to Abu Dhabi: rep puts Star Wars: Episode VII cameo rumors to rest
- Here are the stars we'll see in the upcoming "Star Wars: Episode VII" shot in Abu Dhabi
- They have landed: Star Wars: Episode VII in Abu Dhabi and ready to start shooting
- Star Wars Episode VII, filmed partially in the UAE, adds two stars to cast list as release date moved up a week
- Bring on Abu Dhabi! Adam Driver think it's surreal to be in "Star Wars Episode VII"