Abu Dhabi has the "Same Love" for Macklemore & Ryan Lewis as everyone else in the world
Things are heating up in Abu Dhabi as summer is soon approaching, while the music industry is just as sizzling. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis swept into the city on Friday night for 7,000 frenzied fans at the du Arena.
Rap star Wiley squeezed his way into the night's lineup as did rapper Rick Ross, both sporting fashion and apparel suiting their ostentatious career.
When Macklemore made his way onto the stage, he mentioned that some people had told him not to sing the controversial "Same Love" in this part of the world. "He said he refused because he believes the message of the uplifting song should be shared with everyone, regardless of their gender, race or religion. The crowd were all eyes on Macklemore’s catchy verses and they were singing along to Mary Lambert’s powerful vocals in the hook," Gulf News reported.
"7,000 people tonight in Abu Dhabi. I never thought our music would reach this far...Incredible night. Thank you all, he Tweeted on Friday.
Are you surprised the song made it into the mix? Please share in the comment box below!
- Abu Dhabi or bust! UK rapper Wiley will join Macklemore & Ryan Lewis next month
- A "Thriftshop" in Abu Dhabi?! Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are UAE bound
- Macklemore says his crazy costume wasn't anti-Semitic; he has the "Same Love" for everyone
- Rick "The Boss" Ross returns to the UAE alongside Macklemore and Lewis in April
- Ryan Lewis announces his mother is HIV-positive just before hopping on a plane to Abu Dhabi