Bollywood star judges the talent at Cairo film fest
Indian film director, Madhur Bhandarkar.
Madhur Bhandarkar, 44, has been involved in a number of blockbuster hits in India and will cast his eye over the selection at this year’s event, which lasts until December 6th.
It will be the 35th edition of the festival and will include films from across the globe, including many from India, while organisers also see it as a watershed for the festival, given that it will be the first since the end of Hosni Mubarak’s regime.
In a statement, Mr Bhandarkar spoke of his joy at being asked to attend the event and offer his opinion on the films.
He said: “I am delighted to be a part of the International Jury for the 35th edition of Cairo International Film Festival. I love the theme that they have — ‘Positive thinking, revolution and freedom’.
“This is an honour, which I humbly accept.”
- Cairo film fest finally opens to ritz, razzle and revolution
- Another blow for Cairo film fest: Medhat El-Adl pulls out
- Homegrown talent pulls out of Egyptian film fest after violence in Tahrir
- Kinda Alloush will be judging your next movie at the 29th Alexandria Film Festival
- 'Pauline et Paulette' Snares Golden Pyramid at Cairo Film Fest