Mahmoud Abdel Aziz to Play Corrupted Minister
Egyptian actor Mahmoud Abdel Aziz agreed to play the starring role in the film Maali al Wazeer (His Excellency the Minister) scripted by Wahid Hamed and directed by Samir Saif, according to the daily al Hayat.
The film tells the story of a minister who makes many mistakes and corruption acts and suffers from psychological diseases and nightmares. His friends advise him to see a psychiatric to tell him about his secrets in an attempt to get out of the crisis. He turns down his friends' request out of fear for his reputation in the media and chooses his office manager to conceal his secrets but conflict erupts between them.
Earlier actor Ahmed Zaki accepted to play the starring role in the film but he held back his acceptance few days ago, which prompted the director to tap Mahmoud Abdel Aziz for the role.
However, Ahmed Zaki nixed the starring role in the film Souq al Muta’a (Pleasure Market) which Mahmoud Abdel Aziz accepted and won many local and international prizes for his role in it. The most prominent prize was the award for best actor at Cairo Film Festival two years ago -- Albawaba.com
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- ‘Meter and a Half of Love’ Reveals Hard Facts of Underworld
- ‘Shubbeik Lubbeik’.. Mahmoud Abdel Aziz appears on stage
- Mahmoud Abdel Aziz to Play ‘Bairam al Tunisi’
- Twitter mourns the passing of legendary Egyptian actor Mahmoud Abdel Aziz
- Did Egyptian media make a mockery out of Mahmoud Abdel-Aziz's funeral?