Bye bye Mahmoud Yacine, hello Farouk El Fishawi!
Mahmoud Yacine may have turned down a starring role in “Al Murafa'a” (The Trial), alongside Lebanese actress Dolly Shahine, but another acting legend said “yes” to the role quickly after.
Farouk El Fishawi will be the leading character in the upcoming Ramadan drama, since Yacine preferred making history by starring alongside the “King of Comedy” Adel Imam for the first time ever in their careers, in the anticipated Ramadan drama “Saheb El Sa'ada” (His Excellency).
However, “The Trial” is just as exciting as their “excellencies'” show, for this one tells the story of the late Lebanese singer Suzanne Tamim, who was murdered by an Egyptian businessman in 2008.
According to Elaph news, Mr. Nice, Farouq, invited the entire “Trial” cast to his crib for a lunch get-together, as a kind gesture for everyone to get to know each other on a more personal level, before filming kicks off next week at the Media Production City.
Another big name in the business was added to “The Trial” cast; Egyptian actress Karima Mukhtar will be working on the show, as her only project in Ramadan 2014.
Look out for a press conference outlining the details of “The Trial” next week.
- Qamar passes “The Trial” buck to Dolly Shahine due to bun in the oven?!
- “Mother of the World” Dolly Shahine is staying put but pushes for script changes
- She just couldn't say no to him! Lebleba accepts Adel Imam's tempting proposal
- Qamar and Mahmoud Yasin to go through 'The Trial' together
- Sorry Nadine al Rasi, Bassem Yakhour is too busy for your show!