Fans splash out on Majida El Roumi's upcoming Egypt concert
Majida El Roumi’s Egypt concert has been the talk of the talk since it’s first been announced last week.
The legendary Lebanese singer will be performing at the Conference Hall at the Alexandria Library on March 20.
But the big rumor is that the concert will be absolutely FREE! Say what? Turns out that was really just a rumor!
The concert organizers said that all tickets have been already sold out. What’s not a rumor though is how overpriced the tickets were, reported Elaph news.
It’s said that some tickets reached up to a whopping $400 for front row seats.
Majida’s Egyptian fans were furious and heavily criticised her for that. The singer then posted a public explanation/apology on FB, saying: “Our dear friends, we would like to inform you that the ticket pricing for the Egypt concert is not of our doing or responsibility, but is the sole decision of the event organizers. Please directly address the organizers for any complaints."
Although many couldn’t afford to see their idol in person, others were definitely prepared to splash out the cash for their fave starlet.
- "Don’t Let It Bring You Down" Neil! Rockets replace Rocker Neil Young as violence escalates in Tel Aviv
- Surprise duet by Kathem El Saher and Majida Al Roumi
- The timeless Majida el Roumi treats Amman to an evening of "Love and Peace"
- Claudia’s first concert in Egypt
- Majida El Roumi mesmerizes audience at postponed charity concert in Sharjah