Lebanese Majida El Roumi a Bahraini citizen... or is she?
Our favorite Lebanese diva Majida El Roumi is accused of being secretly granted the Bahraini citizenship by the country's King Hamad Bin Isa Al Khalifah.
Rumors surfaced following an article posted on news websites on behalf of Bahrain's Information Minister, Samira Rajab, stating that Majida did indeed receive the Bahraini passport.
The Bahraini government's opposition criticized Majida and accused her of interfering in domestic affairs, claiming that she's insulted a large number of Bahrainis with statements she made during a press conference she recently held before one of her concerts in Bahrain.
On her part, Majida immediately denied all allegations. The star stressed that she will take legal action against every person who wrote those lies against her in an attempt to ruin her reputation.
In addition, Samira Rajab denied the news through a tweet on her official Twitter account saying: “The news circulating on my behalf regarding the granting of the Bahraini citizenship to Lebanese singer Majida El Roumi are a mere lie and hold no connection to the truth whatsoever.”
- Majida el Roumi "Saves the Children" as Bvlgari's official Ambassador
- False alert! Bahrain denies granting Lebanese singer Majida El Roumi citizenship
- She just can't get enough: Majida El Roumi back for a second dose of Egypt in May
- Bahrain’s King receives Lebanese Premier
- She's got a Big Heart! Majida El Roumi's Sharjah concert proceeds go to charity