Maksim Khalil pays tribute to Syrian lives lost
With all that's happening in Syria right now, you would expect the entertainment world to take notice but one acting couple decided to make the ultimate statement at the Murex D'Or festival in Lebanon this week.
Maksim Khalil and his wife, Sawsan Arshad, turned up to the Festival all dressed in matching black ensembles. Khalil was there to pick up the award for ‘Best Arab Actor’ for his role in hit TV drama “Al Wiladah Min Al Khasirah” (Birth from the Waist), which was aired last year on MBC. The star dedicated his award to the lives of Syrians, who lost their lives fighting to live in a free and democratic country.
Many assumed the reason behind the couple wearing black outfits was to express their grief and mourning over the innocent lives lost in Syria. But there was no confusion over Khalil's message on picking up his award.
What do you think about Maksim's statement at the festival? Tell us your thoughts below.
- Stars pay tribute to the man behind the Arab world's Turkish soap craze
- Bangladesh Pays Tribute to Assad
- Maxim Khalil furious over brutal assault claims by Syrian regime supporters
- Salma Hayek walks the red carpet in Elie Saab at "The Prophet" premiere in Lebanon
- Middle East pines for 'Arab' hero Chavez