Egyptian films Factory Girl, Villa 69 and The Ferry feature in the Malmo Arab Film Festival's video promo
The 4th Malmo Arab Film Festival scheduled to take place between 26 and 30 September 2014 compiled a video promo providing a glimpse of the selection of feature movies. The promo was released on 11 August 2014.
Features from other Arab countries include Ladder to Damascus by renowned Syrian director Mohamed Malas, Hany Abu-Assad's Palestinian drama, Omar which was nominated for Best Foreign Language Film at the 2014 Academy Awards and Adios Carmen, a UAE drama directed by Mohamed Amin Benamraoui, among other entries.
Currently in its fourth year, the festival is a non-profit cultural event taking place in Malmo, Sweden with the primary aim to: “promote understanding and cultural exchange between the Arabic-speaking and other ethnic groups who reside in Sweden, especially in Malmo and Skane," reads the festival’s official web site.
The festival organisers are yet to release the complete programme of the 4th Malmo Arab Film Festival.
- Arab movie makers head to Sweden for Malmo film fest
- Sweden hearts Egypt: Huge success for Egyptian films at Malmo Arab Film Festival
- "Factory Girl" sweeps six awards at the Egyptian Film Association Festival
- Girl on top! Yasmine Raees wins best actress award at Malmo festival
- Syrian Mohammed Malass to Direct Egyptian Film