Marcel Khalifah sings for love and country
The famous Lebanese artist Marcile Khalifah hosted a live performance at the famous Tunisian Carthage musical festival.
This year’s Carthage festival was held under the logo “Nahn Nuhib Al Hayah” (We Love Life).
Marcel sang poems by the late Palestinian poet Mahmoud Darwish.
Over 15,000 fans from various age groups attended Khalifah’s concert.
During his performance Khalifah talked about his last meeting with Darwish before he died in August 2008 at age 67. Darwish became ill after undergoing heart surgery.
Marcel performed for three hours. He also performed some of his greatest songs.
- Marcel Khalifah Donates ‘al Andalus Concerto’ Proceeds to Palestine
- Marcel Khalifah on Egyptian television for the first time in 30 years
- Marcel Khalifah Revives First Dream of Andalos
- More than 14 thousand fans at Shireen and Fadel Carthage concert
- ‘Besiege Your Siege’: Lebanese Ceremony in Solidarity with Palestinians