Marcel Khalife Demands Barak Investigation
Arab patriot and Lebanese singer Marcel Khalife has demanded that Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak be placed under investigation due to the ‘torture crimes’ he has committed against the Palestinian people.
According to the Agence France Presse, Khalife made the statement following Amnesty International’s drive for putting a halt to torture.
“We have to go after Barak because of his torture crimes; especially the ones conducted on young children,” Khalife said, adding “torture is not only being used on those in jail; but also on the entire population of Palestinians.”
Khalife then drew attention to the 111 Palestinian martyrs who died in the recent Al-Aqsa Intifada.
The 14-month drive, instigated by Amnesty International, will focus mostly on the Middle East.
AFP said that in a press conference in Lebanon, the deputy of the organization read out a letter from the head of Middle Eastern Affairs of Amnesty International, stating that “there is a real danger against human rights in the region.” – AFP.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Marcel Khalife sang songs straight from the heart in Doha
- Omaima Khalil Releases Album
- Marcel Khalife to perform at his "first love" Byblos's International Festival on Thursday
- Marcel Khalife gets standing ovation at the Byblos International Festival
- Amr Waked furiously storms out of Tony Khalife's show