Martin Scorsese named president of Marrakech International Film Festival
Martin Scoreses is this year's president for Marrakech film festival
"I am very happy to be this year's jury president at the Marrakech Film Festival and I would like to thank HRH, Prince Moulay Rachid, president of the festival, for his gracious invitation," Scorsese said in a statement Wednesday.
"I have made two films in Morocco, during which time I came to admire the spirit of the Moroccan people and the beauty of their culture. I am eager to discover the movies coming from all around the world to this unique festival."
The festival is to run from Nov. 29 to Dec. 7.
- Marrakech International Film Festival hosts American director Martin Scorsese
- Jean-Jacques Annaud President of Jury in the International Film Festival of Marrakech
- Marrakech International Film Festival to kick off
- Marrakech International Film Festival publicizing
- Filmmaker Exchange Program for US and Moroccan students