Martin Scorsese named president of Marrakech International Film Festival
"I am very happy to be this year's jury president at the Marrakech Film Festival and I would like to thank HRH, Prince Moulay Rachid, president of the festival, for his gracious invitation," Scorsese said in a statement Wednesday.
"I have made two films in Morocco, during which time I came to admire the spirit of the Moroccan people and the beauty of their culture. I am eager to discover the movies coming from all around the world to this unique festival."
The festival is to run from Nov. 29 to Dec. 7.
- Marrakech International Film Festival hosts American director Martin Scorsese
- Marrakech International Film Festival to kick off
- Jean-Jacques Annaud President of Jury in the International Film Festival of Marrakech
- Marrakech International Film Festival publicizing
- Filmmaker Exchange Program for US and Moroccan students