Martin Scorsese named president of Marrakech International Film Festival
"I am very happy to be this year's jury president at the Marrakech Film Festival and I would like to thank HRH, Prince Moulay Rachid, president of the festival, for his gracious invitation," Scorsese said in a statement Wednesday.
"I have made two films in Morocco, during which time I came to admire the spirit of the Moroccan people and the beauty of their culture. I am eager to discover the movies coming from all around the world to this unique festival."
The festival is to run from Nov. 29 to Dec. 7.
- Award-winning career: Sharon Stone to be honored at the Marrakech International Film Festival
- Adel Imam to receive Lifetime Achievement Award at Marrakech Film Festival
- Laila Elwi and Leonardo DiCaprio honored at the Marrakech Cinema Festival
- Cairo, Rabat honor Laila Elwi
- Tanja hosts Mediterranean Short Film Fest