Do the math Maya! Diab copies Beyonce's "1+1" music video
Maya Diab thought she would score another hit with her latest music video, but the directing, styling and choreography of her video only backfired on the singer.
The similarities between the two videos are uncanny. In Beyonce’s video, she appears to have covered herself in a gold transparent liquid; Maya covered herself in what looked like black paint in return.
Maya opted out for the same hairstyles and makeup, and similar wardrobe choices as Beyonce’s throughout the entire video.
Director Hass Ghaddar and Maya’s choreographer also had her dance in front of a glass wall with water running down it. She also had a number of long scarves blowing up in the air around her, all in exactly the same way things took place in Beyonce’s video.
It’s actually quite embarrassing what director Hass presented as her first attempt at directing. She clearly found the experience simple as she entirely copied it from elsewhere!
- Big hair and beautiful eyes: could Lebanese Maya Diab be the new Beyoncé?
- Red faces all round: Delays for Diab's new video
- In the clear: Maya Diab won't be suing celeb impersonator Bassem Feghali anymore!
- Saeed Al Marouq infatuated with Maya Diab’s looks and voice
- Um, "Yes", Maya Diab does look good in her new music video