Hala February, but no Hala Mayada El Henawi as Kuwait says no entry to the Assad supporter
Syrian singer Mayada El Henawi was denied an entry Visa into Kuwait, where she was intending to perform at the annual Hala February Festival.
Oh? What's she now? Speaking to Sham FM, Mayada said that she was planning on performing at the February festival, by special invitation from the organizers, but believes that she was denied access into the country because of her political views.
Mayada is a supporter of Syrian President Bashar Al Assad, who is accused of killing hundreds of thousands of people in the ongoing Syrian Revolution.
The singer is convinced that Kuwait is against her political stance, but said that she isn't regretful at the price she's having to pay for it, because according to her, it's her duty to stand by her President.
Will Kuwait change their minds and allow Mayada to enter in time for the February festival?
- Patriot Mayada Henawi verbally attacks Asala Nasri and Arwa, compliments Raghda!
- 'Tis the reason to be jolly: Amr Diab to take part in Hala February Festival
- Welcome to the show: Shatha Hassoun to perform live at Hala February Festival 2014
- Amr Diab denies being kept away from “Hala February”
- Diana Haddad a shining star at the Hala February Festival in Kuwait