MBC Egypt’s eating their words: they want Bassem Youssef back!
Egypt is excited about more than fun food and family this Eid Al Fitr. The end of Ramadan 2014 will bring the country another dose of the hated or loved Bassem Youssef.
The television network MBC has reconsidered their decision to bump the controversial comedic journalist off the air after political tensions arose from his show “Al Bernameg”. Bassem is scheduled to be back in business on the channel with two shows, according to the Middle East news portal Elaph.
They won’t be some slapped together gig either. The channel has set aside some serious cash to assure it will be top notch.
Simmering down the excitement a little, MBC Egypt head, Mohammad Abdel Mi’tal, stated that Bassem’s return is not yet final, and negations are still underway. Thus officially announcing the return of Bassem is a little too soon, but we can be sure that a press conference will come once the matter is signed, sealed, and soon-to-be delivered.
- "Al-Bernameg" is back! Bassem Youssef broadcast for first time in three months on MBC
- Bassem Youssef bites back: show will be 'for adults only'
- So long CBC: Bassem Youssef signs with MBC Misr, returns on-screen this Feb!
- Cheeky Bassem Youssef dodges Islamist lawsuit
- Want to prove presence of freedom of expression? Don't mess with my show, bashes Bassem Youssef