‘Era of Women’ will be Mervat Amin’s post-Eid project
Mervat Amin has accepted the leady role in the new television drama "Asr Al Hareem" (Era of Women), directed by Enas Al Dughaidi. Filming for the project is scheduled to begin directly after the Eid Al Adha celebrations, but the picture won’t be ready for our eyes until Ramadan 2014.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, there’s beena little pre-filming drama about the drama! Muharam and Enas had filed a complaint to the Cinema Professions Union demanding that the television drama "Saraya Abdeen" be stopped because the story of it was stolen from that of "Asr Al hareem". Muharam stated that writer of the drama "Saraya Abdeen", Kuwaiti Hiba Mushari, was among the committee that gave their opinion to the script of "Asr Al Hareem" when it was presented to the production company 'King Tut" and 'MBC'. He added that Hiba had intentionally wrote a negative report about the drama at the time, leading the production company to overlook it from their production agenda, which he believes was so that she could use the same storyline for her drama.
The story of "Asr Al Hareem" is taken from the novel "Al Hareem" (Women) by Egyptian novelist Qout Al Quloob Al Damardashieh. We’ll have to wait just a little longer to discover who else will be included in the all-star cast, as they are still TBD.
- Future of “Saraya Abdeen” uncertain, leaving Nour stressed about the TV drama
- Enas al Dughaidi dislikes "Saraya Abdeen," defends homosexuals and compliments Haifa Wehbe
- Mervat Amin prepares for 'A Child in Prison'
- With "Saraya Abdeen" begin a hit, what could be eating Yousra?
- How does it feel to be number one? Nelly Karim can tell ya now