UAE recent rocker Mick Jagger pays tribute to his late girlfriend L'Wren Scott
Mick Jagger spoke out in a heartfelt tribute to his late partner, L'Wren Scott, who was found dead of an apparent suicide on Monday, following news that the Rolling Stones had decided to postpone their Australia and New Zealand tour.
I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way, the 70-year-old rocker wrote on Facebook Tuesday.
We spent many wonderful years together and had made a great life for ourselves, he said.
She had great presence and her talent was much admired, not least by me. I have been touched by the tributes that people have paid to her, and also the personal messages of support that I have received.
I will never forget her, he added.
Jagger had been dating the 49-year-old fashion designer since 2001.
- Following death of Mick Jagger's partner, Rolling Stones cancel first Aussie gig, Israel still on schedule
- Mick Jagger returns from UAE tour to find "girlfriend" L'Wren Scott had committed suicide
- Rolling Stones' UAE gig nears as David Bailey dares he's more of a "bad boy" than Mick Jagger
- Rolling Stones confirm their world tour will resume in Israel this summer
- "2,000 Light Years From Home," 2 months away from Rolling Stones Abu Dhabi performance