Modeling out; Singing in for Haifa Wahbi
After the huge success of her new album "Huwa el Zaman" (It's the Time), model and singer, Haifa Wahbi, announced that she is to quit modeling with no intentions to any return.
The daily Ayam newspaper has reported that Wahbi will be dedicating all her time for the music career she chose. "Though lots of people advised me to stick to modeling, I decided to leave this stage behind me, moving on to add a singing career to my portfolio," Wahbi said.
She added explaining that, "now, after I'm sure people accepted me in the music world as a singer and not as a model, and that they liked my voice not my looks, I'm quitting the modeling world with no intention of returning."
Despite all criticism Wahbi faced concerning the shift in career last year, she stuck to her ground and continued recording her ten-song album "Huwa el Zaman", which took her almost a year to complete.
Till now, Wahbi only holds one music video for her song, "Akool Ahwak" (I Say I Admire You), which co-stars Saleem Turk. Many critics said that Wahbi's music style is easily distinguished from other singers, using her seductive voice as a mean to attract her audience. - Albawaba.com
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Haifa Wahbi having second thoughts about holding a concert with Kathem El Saher
- Haifa Wahbi jumps from one concert to the next on New Years Eve
- Haifa Wahbi undergoes extensive singing lessons
- Haifa Wahbi prepares for a new release after turning down an offer to tour the US
- Haifa Wahbi postpones acting and admits her lack of talent in singing