Now he's an actor, now he isn't: Singer Mohamed Hamaki postpones acting debut
With spending his entire time filming his latest music video, Egyptian pop singer Mohamed Hamaki was forced to halt filming for the TV drama “Al Mahdi,” which was to mark his debut into the acting world.
According to Laha Magazine, a director is yet to be appointed to fill the position for the series. Director Adel Adeeb turned down the position, as he is currently busy with directing “Makan Fil Qasr” (A Place in the Palace), starring Egyptian actress Ghada Adel.
Meanwhile, “Al Mahdi” producer Mohamad Abdelaziz nominated Syrian director Hatem Ali for the role, but a final agreement is yet to be made.
The producer said that a huge budget has been set aside for the drama and revealed that some scenes require the cast to travel to three different European countries and a number of Egyptian destinations.
Abdelaziz is currently waiting for Hamaki to complete his prior engagements in order to begin filming the first scenes of the series.
- Mohamed Hamaki is in no rush to get his first film out
- Ghada Adel is living it up on her latest TV set
- Ramadan? Bring it on! Ghada Adel getting busy preparing to be a "Newlywed" for the holy month
- No dispute between Ghada Adel and Sharif Muni on “Qalb Mayet”
- Who could Mohamed Hamaki's new music video director be???