Mohamed Karim is toast of the town in Monaco
Now in its eighth year, the Monaco International Film Festival, which draws to a close on Monday, has awarded Egyptian actor Mohamed Karim the prize for best actor for his leading role in 'Facebook Romance'.
Karim told attendees upon receiving the award, "I dedicate this award to my country Egypt and my people, who are currently risking their lives for the rights of freedom and social justice."
According to Ahram's Arabic website, Karim asked the audience to sit for a moment of silence, honouring Egyptian martyrs.
In the romantic comedy, Karim plays a young man who moves to Jordan following the Egyptian revolution, facing various challenges along the way and falling in love with an Arab-American girl, played by Lamitta Franjieh. The film is directed by American-Jordanian director Mohy Quan
- Egyptian film makes the cut at the Los Angeles Lift-Off Film Festival
- Nelly Karim wears a Hijab
- Enrique Iglesias goes Arab on his fans with a little helping hand from Mohamed Karim
- Karim Abdel Aziz shows General Sisi some love through new film production
- The one and only! Karim Abdel Aziz kicks phony Twitter accounts to the curb