Mohammad Abdo cancels all performances
Prominent Saudi singer Mohammad Abdo has cancelled all scheduled performances this summer out of respect for the late Saudi King Fahed, who was buried last week.
According to the London based daily, Alsharq Al Awsat, Abdo cancelled a number of concerts around the Arab world and abroad, as well as his participation in different music festivals.
Instead, the singer returned home to Saudi Arabia to grieve.
Abdo had been preparing for the release of his upcoming album, including songs in the Egyptian dialect.
The singer has held sessions with Egyptian composer Mustafa Al Subaili, who predicts that Abdo singing in the dialect will bring great happiness to his Egyptian fans.
Abdo has joined the numerous Gulf singers that record in the Egyptian dialect, like Kuwaitis Nabil Shu’ail and Nawal, Saudi Jawad Al Ali, and UAE singer Hussein Al Jasmi.
- 1500 fans await compensation as Abdo’s Syrian sponsor runs off with their money
- Fullah Cuts New Album Showcasing Talal Maddah’s Songs
- Hello February cancels Ahlam's and Mohammad Abdo's concerts
- Nabeel Shu’ail returns to his fans
- Break out the champagne! Ahlam & Mohammad Abdo act all Royal at Qatari wedding