The secret sighting of Assaf: Arab Idol superstar on hush-hush trip to Gaza
Mohammad was escorted on his journey by his bodyguards in an UNRWA-owned white jeep. (Image: Facebook)
Click here to add Dubai as an alert
Disable alert for Dubai,
Click here to add Gaza as an alert
Disable alert for Gaza,
Click here to add Gazan government as an alert
Disable alert for Gazan government,
Click here to add Mohammad Assaf as an alert
Disable alert for Mohammad Assaf,
Click here to add Ramallah as an alert
Disable alert for Ramallah,
Click here to add Sayidaty.net. as an alert
Disable alert for Sayidaty.net.,
Click here to add United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East as an alert
Disable alert for United Nations Relief and ...
Mohammad Assaf has been all over the globe since winning the title of Arab Idol last year. But there’s one place he always likes returning to, and that’s his hometown Gaza in Palestine.
An insider source in the Gazan government confirmed that Assaf is currently in Gaza, where he is visiting his family. This marks his second visit back to his family since winning the talent show and moving to Dubai.
On Monday, the rising star arrived in Palestine in secrecy and through the Bayt Hanoun tunnel running from the West Bank all the way to Gaza.
Mohammad was of course escorted on his journey by his bodyguards in an UNRWA-owned white jeep, reported Sayidaty.net.
The doting son would spend a few precious days with his family, before heading to Ramallah for his Valentine’s day performance.
But maybe Assaf didn’t miss his roots all that much, since he chose to stay at the luxurious Mövenpick Hotel rather than in his old bed!
- Doin' his good deed for Gaza: Mohammad Assaf puts up shirt for auction in name of charity
- Mohammed Assaf fights the good fight for the troubled people of Gaza!
- Assaf exclusive: Mohammed talks about his journey from "hell on earth" Gaza refugee camp to superstardom
- Doin' it well and doin' it in style: Assaf hits Dubai for first international appearance
- Why has the Daily Mail taken down their Mohammed Assaf anti-Israel story?