Mohammad Assaf concert brings rays of sunshine to Bahrain's Summer Festival
Arab Idol sensation Mohammed Assaf performed last night at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre, Sanabis.
He performed a medley of songs - from classics by Abdulhalim Hafiz and Umm Kulthoom to contemporary pop songs, as well as songs from traditional Palestinian folklore.
The Palestinian singer won the TV talent contest in Lebanon at the end of June.
Mr Assaf grew up in refugee camps in the Gaza Strip.
He is performing as part of the Bahrain Summer Festival, which will run until September 9 and is being held as part of celebrations to mark Manama being named Capital of Arab Tourism 2013.
- Yes we can! Mohammad Assaf wants Palestinian refugees to believe 'anything is possible'
- Party in the USA: Mohammed Assaf on nationwide US tour
- Palestine cheers hoorah! Mohammad Assaf wins Arab Idol 2
- Grass is greener on the other side: Israel lets Mohammad Assaf move to West Bank
- Singing for peace: Mohammed Assaf's song for Gaza an instant YouTube hit