Mohammad Assaf crowned Best Middle East Act at 2014 European Music Awards
We've got another reason to clap for Mohammad Assaf.
Even Europeans love them Mohammad Assaf. After making every man, woman, and child swoon from his smooth lyrics on screen the talent show "Arab Idol", our beloved Palestinian boy has a new title to be proud of. "Best Middle East Act" is the talented artist's latest claim to fame, showing that the whole world has a serious case of Assaf Mania that just won't go away.
Assaf won said title at the MTV Europe Music Awards ceremony last week. The EMAs are pretty much the highest level of achievement a songster can receive this side of the Atlantic Ocean. Winners each year are voted for on the event website prior to the awards ceremony.
Laha Magazine tells us that Mohammad will now enter phase two of the awards and compete for the title of "Best Artist for the Middle East, India and Africa". The outcome of phase two of the awards relies solely on votes cast by fans that will be remain open until October 29.
If Assaf wins phase two he will then move on to phase three and compete against 35 international stars from around the world for the title "Best International Artist".
Assaf beat out four other regional competitors to snatch the special title, another "first" for a Palestinian.
Will you be voting to keep Assaf in the EMA running? Please share in the comment box below!
- Feeling blue: Mohammad Assaf bed-ridden thanks to unspecified illness
- Will Mohammad Assaf scoop up an MTV EMA award this Nov?
- Is Mohammad Assaf off the market or still single and ready to mingle?
- Why is Mohammed Assaf among Arabian Business' 100 Most Powerful Arabs Under 40?
- Always a winner! Mohammed Assaf scoops the MTV EMA for best Middle East Act in Scotland