Let's get the ball rolling! Mohammad Assaf to kick off the F1 Grand Prix after-race concerts in Abu Dhabi
Not only did Mohammad Assaf perform at the FIFA World Cup opening ceremony in Brazil on Tuesday (June 10), he's also kicking off the after-race concerts at Abu Dhabi's Formula 1 Grand Prix in November!
The Arab Idol winner will be singing at all four of the Grand Prix after-race concerts, alongside Lebanese superstar Carole Samaha, Egyptian pop star Tamer Hosny and Emirati singer Fayez Al Saeed.
This marks the second time a host of Arab stars have kicked off the F1 concert weekend in the UAE capital. The concerts will take place in Yas Island's grand "du Arena" on Novermber 20.
This year’s after-race concert series kicks off with the most distinguished Arabic artists in the region and race enthusiasts and music fans are in for a great show,” said John Lickrish, CEO, FLASH Entertainment, who are organizing the concerts.
“The remaining line-up is yet to be announced and, as every year, it will be the most illustrious artists in the world that will give memorable performances.”
Al Tareq Al Ameri, CEO of Yas Marina Circuit, added: “This year we have seen stronger demand for tickets than ever before, and today’s first-night concert announcement will only add to that demand.”
Tickets for the concert weekend are only available to F1 ticket holders. F1 tickets can be purchased at yasmarinacircuit.com.
- Can't nothing bring Abu Dhabi down because "Happy" Pharrell Williams is coming to Formula 1 this fall
- Leona Lewis pulls a strop off the race course
- Arab celebs set sail the Mediterranean to sing for fans cruising the Stars on Board 3
- London calling: Big Ben ticking as the countdown begins for Mohammad Assaf's November concert
- Pharrell Williams, food & fun: Abu Dhabi "Happy" at F1 Grand Prix