Mohammad Foad sings in the US for Arabs only
Egyptian singer Mohammad Foad had announced that he will be traveling to the United States on a tour to perform ten concerts, three of which to be held in Las Vegas. Mohammad had previously refused the offer to tour the US saying that he would never set foot in the country that is preparing to call war on an Arab country and cause suffering to its people.
According to the UAE based daily, Al Bayan, the sponsor of the tour assured Foad that his tour is aimed at the Arab population in the US and not to the American public. The sponsor proved his point by referring to the play by Egyptian comedian Adel Imam "The Bodyguard" which witnessed an audience of more than one million Arab.
After his acceptance, Mohammad demanded that he be paid 70 thousand US dollars for each concert, excluding expenses for hotels and transportation. The sponsor in turn requested that Mohammad lessen the number of people accompanying him in order not to face complications for getting visas from the American embassy.
The sponsor's request came after the American embassy had previously refused to give passage to a number of young actors who were to accompany Adel Imam to the US for the tour of his play. –Albawaba.com
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Laisser passer Suzan Tamim's only proof of identification in the US
- Mohammad Foad turns down tempting offer to sing in Israel
- Court proves marriage between Suzan Tamim and her producer
- New Jersey police seizes Suzan Tamim after attempting to escape paying a fine of 760 thousand US dollars
- Singers wages sky-high for concerts on New Year’s Eve