Mohammad Muneer brings Umm Kulthum back to life
She might have been dead for almost 40 years but legendary Arabic singer, Umm Kulthum, clearly hasn't lost any of her relevance to today's music market. With a biopic set to come out next year, the First Lady of Egyptian pop is back in the headlines and in the charts.
Now renowned Egyptian songster, Mohammad Muneer, is set to cover her hit song, 'Ya Hubna al Kabir' (Our Big Love), with a modern remix twist. The patriotic singer has filmed the music video and is set to release the single very soon.
Umm Kulthum first sang the tune in 1965 but almost 50 years later, Muneer is hoping to charm the Arab world with this latest track.
- How did "Star of the East" Umm Kulthum become the most iconic singer of this century?
- All about that Umm Kulthum: Arab diva of 20th century revisited
- Umm Kulthum 40 years later: "She was never gone"
- Ghada Shbeir to bring iconic Arab singers' music to life in Oman
- Oman relives Umm Kulthum's iconic music during the Muscat Chamber Music Series