Mohammed Abdo surprises all with his separation from wife after 20-year marriage
Considered one of the Arab world's top singers, Saudi Mohammed Abdo surprised everyone earlier this week announcing his separation from his wife, Umm Noura, after a 20-year marriage.
Several Saudi daily newspapers reported Monday that the singer separated from his wife after unbearable fights the two were having over the past years. Friends and relatives failed to reconcile between the two, which drove Abdo to divorce his wife and marry a young girl, whose name was not revealed.
"He is still in love with his first wife, but he found that divorce would be better for both of them," said a source close to the singer.
Last week, Abdo performed one of his most successful concerts in Le Meridien Grosvenor House Hotel, in London. The concert, which concluded around four o’clock in the morning, was attended by more than one thousand people and witnessed a great harmony between the singer and the audience.
On another note, last year, Syrian director Najdat Anzur directed the operetta "Unshudat Al Arab" (Arab Canticle), composed by Saudi singer Mohammed Abdo. Prominent Arab singers joined Abdo in performing the operetta, which was presented during the inauguration of the Saudi National Festival of Cultural Heritage. – Albawaba.com
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Hello February Festival to pay Mohammad Abdo 130 thousand US dollars for closing concert
- 1500 fans await compensation as Abdo’s Syrian sponsor runs off with their money
- Mohammad Abdo and Abdul Karim Abdul Kader in a duet for the first time ever
- ‘Arab Canticle’ to Open Saudi National Fest
- Najdat Anzur to Direct ‘Arab Canticle’ Operetta