Mohammed Munir Helps Bring Bahaus Back to Tunisia
Egyptian artist Mohammed Munir is currently visiting Tunisia to bone up on his starring role in a documentary narrative film about the life history of the late artist Paul Klee, who is considered one of Germany’s Bahaus greats.
Munir performs the role of a Tunisian assistant who escorted the German artist during his stay in the southern part of Tunisia in the early 1950s. The Arab environment and the desert colors of the houses in the area influence the artist’s works, from which he helped found a school called the Bauhaus for teaching modern art.
Munir told the London based Al Sharq Al Awsat daily that the reason for his nomination by the German TV was his musical trips and participation in many international festivals. Furthermore, the film scenario requires an actor who can both perform and sing.
Munir said filming would begin in the southern part of Tunisia and would be completed in the German city of Bachem in the next two months. The Egyptian singer performs his role in English and then his voice will be dubbed in German.
This is the third film of its type for Munir, who has turned his talents to two other international and documentary cinema ventures - Albawaba.com
- Murad Munir Showcases Writing Talents in ‘Insane Film’ Screenplay
- Is it sacrilege or art? Tunisia's Jara Mosque gets modern makeover
- Third Part of ‘Awraq Misriyya’ to Complete Narrating Egyptian History
- Mohammed Munir with a 'winter' album
- Toy boy love: UK granny in kerfuffle with government over bringing her Tunisian hubby home