Stars sing for their mothers on that special day
Saed Ramadan is singing for his mom.
Click here to add Elaine Lahoud.Elaine as an alert
Disable alert for Elaine Lahoud.Elaine,
Click here to add Elaph as an alert
Disable alert for Elaph,
Click here to add Joe Ashqar as an alert
Disable alert for Joe Ashqar,
Click here to add Salwa Al Qatreeb as an alert
Disable alert for Salwa Al Qatreeb,
Click here to add Ziyad Burji as an alert
Disable alert for Ziyad Burji
While the woman of many an Arab pop song is usually mid-twenties and in a skimpy dress, this month's songsters across the region are taking a different tack.
In honor of Mothers' Day on March 21, stars are putting out special singles for the woman who brought them into this world. Among the celebrity crooners doing it for their moms' is Lebanese songstress Elaine Lahoud.
Elaine's late mother was a lady well known in her own right as artist, Salwa al Qatreeb. Others, like songster, Joe Ashqar, are trying their hand at composing their own songs for the first time in honor of their mom.
Joe's track, 'Ya Ummi' (Oh Mother), is said to be a very emotional tune, according to Middle East news portal, Elaph.
Lebanese singers, Saed Ramadan and Ziyad Burji, will also be putting out special recordings for the day.
- Saying goodbye to Salwa Al Qatreeb
- Moms of the region take on fame, politics and the world this Mother’s Day
- Carole Samaha: "Happy Mother's Day to all the Mothers in the world & specially my Adorable Mother." (Image: Facebook)
- Elaine Lahood sings in Arabic for the first time
- الأمهات العربيات في يومهن... فنانات وسياسيات ومناضلات