Mr. No Show: Dubai's all-man pageant delayed
There were 23 unhappy faces in Dubai yesterday when the highly anticipated 'Mr. World International 2012 Middle East' competition was called off after some contestants failed to meet the strict entry requirements.
The men had been set to battle it out in three grueling rounds, putting their looks, talents and intelligence to the test for the honor of being presented with the money-can't-buy prize of being crowned Mr. World and 'Ambassador of Goodwill'.
But, after speaking to the event organisers it seems that some of the contestants spoiled the fun for everyone after falling shot of the strict photo requirements needed for entry - with a few of the Mr. World hopefuls seemingly needing a push into the digital age, after submitting polaroids and black and white snaps.
It's not all doom and gloom in Dubai though as the contest has been rescheduled for October 13, giving the men more time to oil up, work out and swot up for the judges grilling.
- Bayanat Airports and QinetiQ Sign Partnership Agreement at the Airport Show 2009
- Dubai crowns Middle East's 'Mr. World'
- Dubai Bank customer opens account, becomes millionaire in a month
- Global MENA Ijarah Real Estate Fund announces distribution of Dividend
- UAE banks enjoy surge in profits to Dh25bn despite tough year