Opera House special: Munich Percussion and String Orchestra to perform in Egypt
The Munich Percussion and String Orchestra, conducted by Adel Shalaby, will perform music from world composers and works by Omar Khairat at the main hall of the Cairo Opera House and Alexandria Opera House.
Organised under the auspices of the German Ambassador to Egypt, the concert -- dubbed "Between the Orient and Occident" -- will also include flute soloist Ines Abdel-Dayem along with pianists Siegfried Mauser and Bernd Redmann.
The Munich Percussion and String Orchestra's website describes the ensemble, which has visited Egypt in previous years, as a "dynamic and vivid platform for extraordinarily talented young musicians."
Founded in 1988 by Adel Shalaby, the orchestra's members consist of a changing variety of graduates and students of his percussion class of the University of Music and Performing Arts, Munich.
Friday 20 December at 8pm
Cairo Opera House Main Hall, Zamalek
Sunday 22 December at 8pm
Alexandria Opera House, 22 Al-Horriya Road (formerly known as Fouad St), Al-Raml Station, Alexandria
- Get your pop, jazz, & gypsy on with the Alexandria Opera House String Orchestra & Sweet Sound Band
- Cairo Opera House Quartet take on the classics
- Take your pick! Here's what's going down in Egypt this week (February 9-16)
- Cairo Opera House Hosts Vienna Symphony Orchestra
- International pianist Omar Khairat to play at the Cairo Opera House in April