"Secrets" don't make friends: no channel has purchased Nadia Al Jundi's drama yet!
Bummer dude! Nobody is buying the new Egyptian television drama “Asrar” (Secrets) starring renowned Egyptian actress Nadia Al Jundi. Ramadan is just around the corner, and time is running out for someone to save the day and purchase the show that cost over 20 million Egyptian pounds to make. Standing in such a tight spot, it's possible the program won't be aired during the coming holy month.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, a promotional commercial was released three weeks ago for the drama even though no one has negotiated with producer Mohammad Mukhtar to buy it.
The Egyptian Media City Production, which entered as a partner with Mohammad Mukhtar in producing the drama, has refused to have it aired exclusively on the Egyptian local channe, wanting it to be marketed to a number of channels in order to cover the high costs it took to make it.
This crisis will surely mean that the drama will not be aired in Ramadan, so filming of the remaining scenes will be halted until the holy month is over.
Poor leading actress Nadia is feeling depressed over the whole ordeal.
- Culture shock much? Hend Sabry's "Whose Empire" characters have trouble fitting back into Egypt
- Jeanie Asber admits difficulty in mastering Egyptian dialect
- Secrets don't make friends and neither does Nadia Al Jundi! It's her way or the highway on set
- Over 100 million pounds in profit for Egyptian TV production during Ramadan
- 2 million Egyptian pounds for the secrets of Nadia Al Jundi