Najwa Karam under fire for pushing an American through to the AGT Finals
Jennifer Grout sang a beautiful rendition of an Asmahan song on last week's episode of Arabs Got Talent. (Image: Facebook)
Looks like Arabs Got Talent judge Najwa Karam is under fire for choosing to put Jennifer Grout through to the finals in last week's episode of the talent competition.
The four judges had to choose between putting through Arab group “Entourage” or American singer Grout; Najwa and fellow judge Ahmed Helmy picked Jennifer for her brilliant singing voice and delivery in Arabic, despite the fact that she cannot speak or understand a word of the language.
Viewers dished out all sorts of demeaning names and criticism against Najwa following her decision, and she was accused of preferring non-Arab acts to Arab ones. Umm, that's a bit of a thickheaded accusation, seeing as Grout sings in ARABIC!
The Lebanese superstar defended her decision by tweeting: “Good morning good people. Everyone must understand that when I say 'yes' or 'no' I do it without looking at the contestants' nationality, but by considering their talent alone. Be fair, shame on you.”
Shame on them, indeed!
- Arabs Got Talent Episode 2 taken by storm by an 8-year-old!
- Najwa Karam booked for Doha but will she be upstaged by a drag queen?
- Cruel intentions: Rola Hamadeh accuses Arabs Got Talent judge of fakery
- Najwa Karam's AGT finale sees stunning red dress, striking hot tongue!
- Najwa Karam in trouble for kissing Arabs Got Talent judge... should have kept her lips to herself!