Najwa Karam at the theater
Prominent Lebanese singer Najwa Karam took part in a musical alongside actor Yousef Al Khal, as part of her latest music video, directed by Salim Turk.
According to the London based weekly, Sayidaty, Turk refused to give out the details of the clip, simply stating that he had transformed the singer into a theatrical star, like those who act in the popular ‘Rahbani’ plays.
‘Rotana Production Company’ is soon to release a new album for Najwa, “Kibber El Hub” (Love got Greater). The album features eight new songs, many in the traditional Lebanese style that initially earned her popularity. The singer worked with some of the best composers, like Emad Shams El Din and Wisam Al Ameer.
Najwa plans on filming a music video for the song “Bakhaf Min El Mai” (I’m Afraid of Water), under the direction of Salim Turk.
Sources revealed that Najwa was going to include a song composed by Saleem Salama, but postponed it for her next album.
The singer was in Oman at the beginning of December to hold two concerts, after which she will return to Beirut to prepare for the album’s release celebration.
- Najwa Karam at the theater
- Najwa Karam lovely in lilac before going on stage for her concert in the US. (Instagram)
- Najwa Karam seals the show at ‘Jerash’
- Mai Saleem films two clips
- One of the few lucky fans who got to meet & greet Najwa Karam in Jordan on Valentine's Day! (Image: Najwa Karam's official website/screenshot)