Nancy defends her place as judge on Arab Idol
Since news broke of a fourth judge on the new season of Arab Idol, critics have been bitching and whining about the addition. For the lady in question - Lebanese lovely, Nancy Ajram - she has been facing down the haters for months.
This week she decided to get her own back. Speaking to Al Safir newspaper, she said: "I did not care too much about the negative criticism regarding my position as a judge for I am well qualified for such a position especially since I had academically studied music and my experience in the field exceeds 15 years."
Nancy will be sitting alongside everyone's favorite bitchy songstress, Ahlam, and Lebanese pop star extraordinaire, Ragheb Alama. But despite her starry surroundings, she claimed she is integral to the panel, describing herself as the 'gentle heart' of the judging team.
With some of the harshest comments in the region coming from just next door to her, it's no surprise that Nancy seems like a pushover in comparison.
- The Arab Idol diva wars begin: Nancy and Ahlam get their claws out
- From one idol to another: Nancy Ajram confirmed as new judge
- She judges me, she judges me not! Nancy Ajram to return to Season 3 of Arab Idol
- Arab Idol: all the gossip pre-show
- Kids Got Talent! Nancy Ajram & Ali Jaber to judge kiddy competition