The Turks got no satisfaction from Nancy Ajram, says Turkish fan
According to one aggrieved Turkish Nancy Ajram fan, the Lebanese super-pop-star was an utter disappointment for the Turkish fans who did not get the 'best of Nancy' treatment. Peeved fan, Serdar Koç., spoke to Al Bawaba to expose the Turkish performance for the 'sham' that he feels it was.
In his words on the growing global phenomenon that is Nancy: "Even though we are big fans of Nancy Ajram, we want to write the true story about her Istanbul concert because she didn’t show respect for Turkish fans." This let-down fan lashes out further afield than Nancy, or indeed 'the Lebanese' she represents. He is angry with the Arab-spun response to the event.
Turkish Serdar wants to tell it as it is, even if he upsets his Arab neighbors. He is blaming the entire Arab world and its media coverage and doesn't mince his words. "Arab newpapers wrote many lies." For him, many reports glossed over the less glamorous colors of what was a dim performance, giving it a more optimistic hue.
He wants to dispel the idea propogated by the media reportage that Nancy gave a good 2 hours worth of her best hits. "First of all, Nancy didn’t sing over two hours: her Istanbul concert lasted just one hour."
- Picture perfect: Nancy shares her fave fan-sketched portrait of the Ajram familia
- 'Super' star Nancy swoops down on Casino du Liban to rescue Eid
- Let's "Duet" again: Nancy Ajram and Cheb Khaled prepare for another joint single
- Not so super now: Nancy's album drops down the charts
- Nancy Ajram in Turkey: she was all yellow!