Nawal “Love and War”
Lebanese director Yehya Sa’adeh’s recent music video for Lebanese singer Nawal Al Zoghbi, “Love and War,” is a love story set to the backdrop of returning to one’s homeland.
According to the London daily Elaph, this is the first time Nawal let go of her glamorous fashion. In the clip she is dressed like a young village woman that lives with her husband in a poor house made out of mud. She wears a black shawl over her shoulders.
In the first scene Nawal stands in the kitchen, while her husband sits in the next room confused between answering his duty to go to war and leaving his love behind. She comes in and puts her hand on him. She then falls to the ground in despair.
In the second scene Nawal runs through the village streets. She enters an area called the “Twilight Zone” and both Nawal and her husband search for each other behind thin white curtains. There is hope, emptiness, darkness and loneliness in the scene.
The third scene moves to a battle field filled with soldiers, weapons and blood. Nawal moves between the soldiers one by one to search for her husband but she can’t find him.
- A Tale of Love and...Venice? Israeli beauty Natalie Portman bids Shalom to romantic vacation
- Nawal al Zoghbi joins Maya Diab in the fight against Cancer! The starlet wrote, "It's not your #Hair that makes you #beautiful, it's your #Heart ... #NawalelZoghbi #HairCut to #FightCancer, we can fight it together.. #Pink #Love." (Image: Facebook)
- Nawal Al Zoughbi refuses to talk about politics
- Nawal looks for her lost love
- Nawal and Masari sing for love in Lebanon