East Coast style: Nelly set to turn up the heat at Dubai's Atelier/Festival
This October’s Atelier/Festival is turning into a showcase of fresh music with the third confirmed act announced today, Nelly.
The midwestern hip-hop star rose to fame 12 years ago with the hit Country Grammar and is just about to release his seventh album, MO – so his Dubai fans should be in for some new material.
The rapper joins previously announced acts 50 Cent and Duffy — both of whom have new albums coming out later this year that they will hopefully perform at the October 19 festival at Meydan.
Nelly’s seventh studio album, MO, will release this autumn, and the first single, Marry Go Round featuring Chris Brown, has already dropped. The rapper — who also had hits with Hot In Here and Dilemma with Kelly Rowland — has also been in the studio with Trey Songz and Dr. Dre.
“You get a chance to do things and change things around but also having to remind yourself that you do have a core audience that like what they like from you,” Nelly told Billboard magazine’s The Juice this week.
Nelly’s also getting in on the talent show gig, mentoring rising artists in US TV series The Next along with Joe Jonas, Gloria Estefan and country singer John Rich.
- Ciara 1, 2 steps her way to Dubai: Star supports rumored ex 50 Cent at Atelier/Festival
- Istanbul's next 'Window Shoppers' will be 50 Cent and Akon!
- Photos of hip-hop artist Nelly's electrifying performance in Dubai
- culinary champions from middle east and africa turn up the heat for dubai final
- Mims turns up the heat in the UAE