How does it feel to be number one? Nelly Karim can tell ya now
What can we say, the people love it! The recent Ramadan television drama "Sijin Al Nisa" (Women Prison) starring Egyptian actress Nelly Karim top of the list as the best aired television drama during the past holy month of Ramadan. The drama was chosen by critics and TV viewers.
According to the Middle East news portal Elaph, a poll found "Sijin Nisa came in first place, followed by close second "Saheb Al Saadah" (His Excellency), starring famous Egyptian king of comedy Adel Imam.
The drama "Al Sayad" (The Hunter) starring Yousif Al Sharif and Ahmad Safwat came in third, followed by the drama "Saraya Abdeen" despite the numerous negative criticism it had received. The drama "Baba Al Harah" (The Neighborhood's Door) came in fifth place and the drama "Law" (If) was voted sixth place.
For the first time, critics agreed with viewers by choosing "Sijin Nisa" as the best drama this year. Believe it or not, the script was pretty original while keepin' it real by portraying well the agony and suffering of imprisoned women.
Did you love it as much as the critics? Please do dish in the comment box below.
- Adel Imam's a man on a mission already preparing for Ramadan 2015!
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night
- Did no one tell Yara it was Ramadan?
- Nelly Maqdasi refuses to be compared to Diana Haddad
- Walk on by: an Egyptian man tells his female friends to rise above male glares