Nelly on guard: Karim bans her daughter from watching her hit TV series "Women's Prison"
Her Mama's latest Ramadan TV series "Sijn El Nisa'a" (Women's Prison) is the Arab world's biggest hit, but Nelly Karim's daughter didn't get to enjoy it like the rest of us!
For the first time, critics agreed with viewers by choosing "Sijn El Nisa'a" as the best drama this year. Believe it or not, the script was pretty original while keepin' it real by portraying well the agony and suffering of imprisoned women.
But what really stopped Nelly from letting her lil girl watch the show? It wasn't the fact that it contained inappropriate and provocative scenes as some speculated, but the fact that her daughter was so easily affected by some of its scenes that brought her to tears, reports Laha Magazine.
The Egyptian actress said that this matter concerned her greatly and only then she stopped her from watching the rest of the series.
It is no surprise that Nelly is over the moon with the positive feedback she's been receiving for her role. She said that she's been swarmed with letters, text messages and messages on Facebook congratulating her on her success.
In other news, Nelly will be one of the judges on MBC TV's upcoming dance competition "So You Think You Can Dance."
- Not a "Rash" decision! "Women's Prison" director issues Nelly Karim & Durra emergency sick leaves
- Ballet dancer Nelly Karim prepares for an acting role as the late Belly dancer Samia Gamal
- Nelly Karim suffers from an abusive father
- Facebook group calls for the cancellation of Nelly Karim's "inappropriate" TV drama "Women's Prison"
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night