Facebook group calls for the cancellation of Nelly Karim's "inappropriate" TV drama "Women's Prison"
Not everyone is a fan of Nelly Karim's latest TV drama "Sijn Al Nisa'a" (Women's Prison), as a Facebook group calling for its cancellation has been created by the show's haters!
The group is called "Ded Al Isfaq" and it's filled with criticisms about the show's content. Many are considering the drama disrespectful to the Holy month of Ramadan.
According to Sayidaty.net, the group's creators have even requested Egyptian Prime Minister Ibrahim Mehleb, the same person who banned Haifa Wehbe's film “Halawet Rouh” (Beauty of the Soul) in Egypt last year, to ban "Women's Prison" because it contains too many profanities and inappropriate intimate scenes between the character played by Nelly and her husband in the drama.
They added that the intimate scenes were too explicit and go against Egyptian society's ethics and traditions.
The drama stars Egyptian actress Nelly Karim, Durrah and Ruby.
- Nelly on guard: Karim bans her daughter from watching her hit TV series "Women's Prison"
- Ballet dancer Nelly Karim prepares for an acting role as the late Belly dancer Samia Gamal
- How does it feel to be number one? Nelly Karim can tell ya now
- Nelly Karim, Ruby and Durrah do time: Celebrity trio behind bars in "Women Prison"
- Nelly Karim is considering at least 10 sweet offers for Ramadan 2015