Oh, no she didn’t! Nelly Karim innocent of insulting Al Sadat
According to Nelly Karim, the Egyptian President Mohammad Anwar Sadat was actually praised for his accomplishments in her latest TV drama “That”, but for some reason some fans are accusing her of major insult to the late great leader.
The Egyptian actress refused to take such blame.
According to Laha Magazine, Nelly said that the episode of the drama that discussed the popular Camp David treaty calling for an establishment of an Israeli Embassy in Egypt and the reactions of characters in the drama did not have any offensive connotations towards the late President.
The show is very near and dear to Nelly, so no wonder she’s defending it so strongly. She stated that there is a strong resemblance between her and the character she portrays in the drama saying, "'That' resembles me in the simplicity of her personality and her nature of forgiveness, that is why I felt she is very close to my heart."
Did you find the episode insulting to the late Pres? Please share by commenting below.
- Situation in Egypt postpones Nelly Kareem’s drama
- Hey Nelly Karim, it’s your birthday, we’re gonna party like it’s your birthday!
- Facebook group calls for the cancellation of Nelly Karim's "inappropriate" TV drama "Women's Prison"
- "So You Think You Can Dance"? Nelly Karim will be the Judge of that!
- Ballet dancer Nelly Karim prepares for an acting role as the late Belly dancer Samia Gamal