Update: Nemr on the campaign trail
Nemr Abou Nassar might be an unlikely candidate to start a social movement but after his YouTube video got more than 100,000 views in only two days, he might be doing just that.
The comedian got into a spat with new Lebanese starlet Myriam Klink last week about her song '3nwar'. He claimed Klink was singing about her pussy, Klink said it was a name for her cat and the fight got nasty when Myriam called Nemr a "gay asshole" on her Twitter account.
In response Nemr posted a video on YouTube calling for Lebanese female singers everywhere to have more respect for themselves. This weekend he took to his Facebook page to comment on the video's popularity.
"This [the number of hits] has proven two things: 1 - People are fed up with the way our media industry is behaving. 2 - You don't have to be a slut or use sex to get a lot of attention."
He has so far refused to appear on TV programs to make any further comments but up and coming starlets will have to think twice before producing music videos with more flesh on show than musical ability.
- Battle of Beirut: Myriam Klink and Nemr Abou Nassar get nasty
- The girls are out to play: Myriam Klink posts her "breast" picture yet!
- Beat of her own drum: Myriam Klink is nobody’s spokesperson
- Arrogant much? Myriam Klink hints that Haifa Wehbe is ugly & plastic!
- Boo! Myriam Klink to 'terrify' us in new horror flick