Nesreen Tafesh denies rumors about her support for Assad
Syrian actress Nesreen Tafesh denied recent circulating rumors spreading over the internet that she had made a public statement announcing her support of the current Syrian government and that she was against the revolutionaries.
Nesreen stressed that these rumors have no basis and what is taking place in Syria with the constant bloodshed and killing of innocent men, woman and children grieves her heart and makes her refrain from making any political statements.
She stressed that her political opinion is a personal matter and she will not publicly state it to anyone.
In a report released by the Middle Eastern daily Al Sharq Al Awsat, Nesreen said that a number of internet social networks are posting lies and those making statements on her behalf are not connected to her in any way. She added that she is one of the artists that has numerous unofficial pages on social networks created by anonymous individuals.
Nesreen stated that it saddens her to realize that people believe everything they read without validating the source. She stressed that she has only one official page on Facebook and she uses it to interact with her fans about her latest career developments and not talk about politics.
- Nesreen Tafesh washes up in Dubai after mysterious disappearance
- Sulaf Fawakherji denies getting cash money for her pro-Assad stance
- Mayada Al Hinawi ain't going nowhere! Singer stubbornly stays in Syria
- Nesrine Tafesh’s divorce-whispers
- I want nothing to do with you: Mayada Al Hinawi says she'd NEVER appear on Asala's "Soula"