Noel Gallagher finds his 'oasis' in the Mideast
One year after his estranged brother, it is former Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher’s turn to make his debut in the Middle East. In Dubai, to be exact. And on March 15.
Gallagher will play at Atlantis, The Palm, in what will be the first of a series of ‘Live at Atlantis’ events this year, said organisers, the team behind the popular Sandance music festival. His set-list will include Oasis classics ‘Wonderwall’, ‘Supersonic’ and ‘Don’t Look Back in Anger’, as well as material from his solo album, they said.
Gallagher will be supported by good friend and former Verve frontman Richard Ashcroft, who will be returning to Dubai with a solo acoustic set.
The singer and guitarist left the record-breaking band Oasis in 2009 following a tumultuous relationship with his brother and founding member Liam. He went on to form a band, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, and released their self-titled album in 2011. The same year, Liam performed with his band Beady Eye in Abu Dhabi.
Tickets to the concert are priced at Dh250 (Early Bird), Dh295 (Advance. Dh350 at the door) and Dh500 (VIP). They will be on sale from February 11 on atlantisthepalm.com, virginmegastore.me and platinumlist.net
- Dry spell no more for Goldie with Dubai gig tonight: Thanks for the tip, David Bowie!
- Noel Gallagher opens up about Oasis and his Dubai gig
- Oasis Guitarist Noel Gallagher And Wife Meg Split
- Liam Pops The Question; Noel Straightens Up
- Indie-pop band "Scouting for Girls" to perform at Atlantis Dubai's Sandance festival